Sunday, July 5, 2009

Inkspirations Inspiration Challenge #9

Today I made a card using the latest Mojo Monday sketch: And combined it with Makeesha's Inspiration Challenge #9 - here is the inspiration image:
And here is my creation:


I chose Regal Rose, Pumpkin Pie and Pink Pirouette from the watercolour painting in the Inspiration image, and Chocolate Chip (from the cute teapot). I stamped the bird from the 'Always' stamp set in Pumpkin Pie and Regal Rose, and used my blender pen to get a watercolour effect. I added some shading under his feet and some pale pink in the background (which doesn't show up on my photo!). The watercoloured image is mounted on Chocolate Chip and Regal Rose cardstock, with some Sweet Always DSP. I LOVE these colours together and was stoked when the Sweet Always paper came out in this combo! The greeting is from the 'Best Yet' hostess set and the three brads are made from the Sweet Always DSP and the Build-a-Brad kit. The base card is Regal Rose with some DSP from the Pink Pirouette Patterns pack, and I have also used my scallop border punch, scallop circle punch and Chocolate Chip taffeta ribbon. As you can see I flipped the sketch around a little too. I really need to practise my photography - the colours and perspective are a bit off in this picture, but I am happy with how it turned out in real life!





3 comments:

  1. love the Build-a-Brads in the corner! Lovely use of the inspiration and sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your encouragement! I wonder how you have time to stamp with a new baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Genelle, this is gorgeous! I love all those Build a brads you have on the side, and I think the Always set works perfect for the inspiration. Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete