Wednesday, August 19, 2009

For You - Inkspirations Inspiration Challenge #11

I had SO much fun with this week's Inkspirations challenge. Makeesha had a gorgeous Inspiration pic for us this week:


I decided to use the white and grey tones, and the overall shape and feel of the image - I was drawn to the recessed splashback, and came across a new technique (well, new for me, lol!) - the recessed window card. Thanks to the talented Renee from the DT who posted the link to the tutorial! I definitely had my 'L' plates on for this one, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Here's my card:

I stamped the image (from Pocket Silhouettes) in Basic Grey and stamped off several times. The greeting (from Great Friend) was framed with silver Hodgepodge Hardware and the whole panel was then mounted on Basic Grey cardstock. I made the recessed window card (following the tutorial - see link above, although I wanted mine rectangular to mimic the kitchen splashback) and left it mostly white, with just a strip of Basic Grey scalloped DSP, taffeta ribbon and new corduroy button to finish it off. I also added silver brads to tie in the silver frame from the greeting, inspired by the silver fittings from the photo. The corduroy brad was used to tie in the texture of the linen in the place settings.
Hope you like it!
Genelle.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card Genelle. Looks like a few of us were keen to take on the recessed window challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An elegant card - the window looks intriguing with the scene beyond. I love the stamping off technique, and it works well with this image. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Genelle, that looks beautiful, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card Genelle. I love it so much, and the recessed window technique makes it look even more awesome. So gorgeous, the white base looks fantastic and the hodgepodge just adds that special touch. Thanks so much for sharing, have a wonderful day.

    Lee-Anne

    ReplyDelete