Monday, August 3, 2009

New Favourites for Inkspirations Sketch Challenge #11

The card I made today for Makeesha's latest sketch includes my new favourite stamp set from the Spring Mini - Forest Friends. I came across this set a while ago on a US blog when looking for owl images; as well as the deer featured below the set includes a gorgeous owl, rabbit and tree. I am so glad this set made it to Australia! Here is Keesh's Inkspirations Sketch #11:

And here's the card I made:


As well as Forest Friends, I also used the new Great Friend stamp set for the greeting and leaf image. These sets coordinate perfectly with the new Walk in the Park DSP, which features Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Cameo Coral and Kiwi Kiss. I stamped the deer from Forest Friends in Basic Grey ink, then re-inked and stamped onto the imaging sheet from my stamp-a-ma-jig (no need to use the actual stamp-a-ma-jig, just stamp anywhere on the sheet). Then I flipped the sheet over, lined up the deer's refelection and pressed onto the cardstock. I learned this technique here. I coloured the water with Baja Breeze ink and my blender pen, and stamped the leaves on the top in Kiwi Kiss. The greeting from Great Friend is punched out with the large oval punch and mounted onto a scalloped oval using the new punch, also from the Spring Mini. I have used Baja Breeze Flower Fusion Too felt flowers and pewter brads, and some Basic Grey taffeta ribbon. The base card has also been stamped with the leaf image for added detail.

Hopefully I can fit a bit more stamping in this evening - thanks Keesh for the challenging sketch!
Genelle.

5 comments:

  1. Love your take on Keesh's sketch and the reflection technique you have used!
    TFS
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing, love the reflection, so clever to use the imaging sheet. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that reflection!! so very clever!!
    lovely card!
    Take care
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card! I love the reflection technique and I love how you have created it with a ripple! TFS Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card, I had seen it on Keesh's blog and wanted to know how to do it. Beautiful...You blog looks great.
    Rach:)

    ReplyDelete