Saturday, January 23, 2010

Birthday Cheers

Hi all,

Yesterday a friend came over for some cardmaking - she wanted to do a masculine birthday card with embossing. I decided to try the embossed 'frosting' technique from this month's Impressions (the Stampin' Up! demonstrator's newsletter). I omitted the glitter, and applied the frosting to the froth on the beer:



(Sorry for the blurry photo). Here's the finished card:

We also embossed the birthday greeting in gold. I love this sentiment (from Upsy Daisy) on cards for men.

I am really looking forward to the start of Sale-a-Bration on Monday - the first order will be placed first thing in the morning, so contact me if you'd like to join in, and earn some FREE stamps as well! If you add the lovely 'I {Heart} Hearts' stamp set to your order, Stampin' Up! will also donate $2 to the Red Cross Haiti Disaster Relief & Development Fund.

Have a great weekend,

Genelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment