Saturday, January 16, 2010

Gift for a Friend

Hi all,

Something I really love about the stamping community is the generosity of fellow papercrafters. I came across these gorgeous muffin/cupcake boxes recently on Claire Daly's fantastic blog. (You can also find Claire's blog in my sidebar - it's one I read regularly). Not only did Claire share the fabulous templates for these boxes, she's also offering two free tutorials to anyone who uploads their creation using her free templates - make sure you pop over and have a look!
I needed a little gift for a friend, and used the double muffin box template:

I wasn't sure if the recipient would know how to open the box, so I cut a slit in the lid with my craft knife and added a little ribbon tab (secured inside with Sticky Strip and a Kiwi Kiss corduroy brad through the lid).
The lid detail - a chipboard pear (from the On Board So Tweet pack) which has been covered with DSP, sanded, sponged with Kiwi Kiss ink and then covered in a layer of Crystal Effects:
Instead of muffins or cupcakes, my gift box contains some biscuits and tea bags, along with a coordinating Love Note card. I have used the Good Morning Sunshine DSP.

Thanks Claire, and all who share their tips, ideas and projects - it's greatly appreciated!
Genelle.

1 comment:

  1. Ooohhh - this is just gorgeous Genelle! Love it in that paper and it's very cute what you have done with that pear. That's a lovely box of goodies your friend is getting too - great idea to add the ribbon tab. Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete