Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just Add Ink Colour Challenge #1 - Friendship

Hi all,

I needed a super quick card for a friend today, and decided to use the colours from Just Add Ink's first Colour Challenge:


There's still a teeny bit of time left if you'd like to play along too - entries close tonight at midnight, and you can find all the details here or by clicking the Just Add Ink button in my sidebar. There are a heap of talented Australian and New Zealand Stampin' Up! Demonstrators on the Design Team, with lovely creations for you to check out! I am going to make a cuppa after linking up my entry, and have a look at the other entries - there are a ton of them, and I'm sure there will be heaps of inspiration there too!

Here's my quick and fun card:


For this card, I randomly stamped the images (from 'For Everything') over half a sheet of Whisper White A4. I used my Taken with Teal marker to colour the bird's flower and also to ink the oval in the sentiment, and to colour some Whisper White taffeta ribbon - SO quick and easy! The image panel is layered onto some scalloped Taken with Teal cardstock and topped off with some So Saffron striped ribbon, and Chocolate Chip jumbo 5/16" brads. The sentiment has been punched out with the Large Oval punch, sponged with So Saffron ink and layered onto a textured Chocolate Chip scalloped oval, and popped up with dimensionals. To finish the card off I have added two rows of paper piercing to the Rose Red base.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up!):
Stamps: For Everything
Cardstock: Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip (textured)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Rose Red, So Saffron, Taken with Teal (marker)
Accessories: Whisper White taffeta ribbon, So Saffron striped ribbon, Jumbo 5/16" brads, paper piercer, mat pack, Scallop Edge punch, Large Oval punch, Scallop Oval punch, sponge dauber, dimensionals.

Hope you enjoy it!
Genelle.

13 comments:

  1. Hi Genelle, this is so cute! I really like the idea for using this set to create your own DSP. And I love how you've done the ribbon... I'll have to try and figure that one out! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the DSP look you've created with the stamps. Great use of the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card.... Terrific work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful card. You are so talented. What great use of the 'For Everything' stamp set.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so pretty. I must try these one sheet, half sheet etc wonders sometime. It looks like a fun way to whip up a card! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this stamp set, what a gorgeous way to use it! Great take on the colour combination! x Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous patterning. works a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you have used this stamp set ... very pretty and very creative ... well done, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for January 28. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/ or visit our Blog Finds of the Day Blog at http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your card, and did you make the DSP yourself?? very crafty, creative and congrats with being one of the blog finds of the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Genelle, Thanks for your comment on my post :)
    I've just had a looksie at your blog and really like your projects, thanks for sharing, I'll be coming back again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep congrats!! Lovely how you have stamped your own background. Thanks for joining in on JAIs first challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like DSP! What an awesome job! TFS

    ReplyDelete